6/14/17 All baseball games are canceled this evening
Kindergarten and 1st grade leagues will make up games on Thursday, June 29th at same time and location.
We have been receiving some comments that scoreboards are not working. We have had issues with them this year more than ever partly we believe due to all the storms and rain. Operators must follow the directions in the score booths and each field's controller can be a little different. Please follow the instructions. We continue to work on this issue and apologize for the inconvenience.
Information on Travel Baseball teams for 2018 summer can be found at link below. Tryouts are in late July and early August. All players must register for tryouts.
Eligibility- Players must live within the FDL School district or attend a public or private school that is inside the FDL school district boundaries. Travel baseball eligibility is more limited than our recreational leagues due to tournament rules.
Season starts April 1st- Some teams may practice indoors earlier but those practices would be optional. All players must make Fondy Baseball their top priority from April 1st to August 1st.
8U will attend 3 weekend tournaments
9U-14U will attend 5 weekend tournaments.,
Youth Baseball Families,
It takes a ton of work by wonderful volunteers to conduct all facets of Fondy Youth Baseball. Our Board of Directors spends a lot of time to offer the best possible baseball experiences for all players and their families. This volunteer work is done year round with off-season planning and in-season management.
Responsibilities include but certainly are not limited to…
Members of our Board of Directors are at the fields long before any teams show up and then are last to leave with closing and locking everything up. Many board members are volunteering more than 5 hours per week to serve your families and provide these opportunities. League Directors and commissioners are the individuals that a ton of work falls on with each rainout.
Coaches are also a huge part of our volunteer network and we cannot thank the coaches enough that give their time to our youth and teams.
While certainly everything does not always run as smooth as we would like, please understand all the hard work and effort that is being put in.
Please take some time to say thank you to the coaches and Board of Directors that dedicate so much of their time to create baseball memories for our players.
We would specifically like to say thank you to a few board members that are giving so much of their time.
Fondy Youth Baseball does not exist without the time commitment from the Board of Directors and our coaches. The full list of Board of Directors can be seen under the “About Us” tab. We also rely on the wonderful staff at the FDL Recreation Department. Please take the time to say Thank You! to all these individuals that make Fondy Youth Baseball happen and give so much of their time.
Code of Conduct Reminders; These are set by Fondy Youth Baseball and the Fond du Lac School District and pertain to coaches, players, and all fans.
Tickets are available at concessions stands on 4th street and at main complex. More info below logo.
Fondy Youth Baseball Night at a FDL Dockspiders Game
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
1) The FDL Dockspiders are a new local baseball team that is essentially a college all-star team with players from all over the country. They will be playing their home games at the updated Herr-Baker Field at Marian University. More info can be found here. http://northwoodsleague.com/fond-du-lac-dock-spiders/
2) Fondy Youth Baseball is having a special night at a Dockspiders game that will serve as the end of our youth baseball season. The date is Friday, July 28th when the FDL Dockspiders play the Wisconsin Woodchucks at a 6:35pm game
3) We will have special events and prizes that night for players that show up wearing their youth baseball team jersey. Players in attendance will have the opportunity to register to go on the field for the national anthem and other activities. What a great way to spend a Friday night during the summer.
4) The bonus of this night is that it is also Star Wars night which means many Star Wars characters will be present at the game so if your player likes Star Wars this is even more of a can’t miss event
5) HOW CAN YOU GO? Fondy Youth Baseball has purchased 100 tickets that are on sale in the concessions building at the main complex and at 4th street complex. The cost of each ticket is $9.
Just wanted to remind you of the best and easiest way to be notified if games are canceled due to rain. The procedure can be found on the back of your schedules and can be found on the web site but the easiest way is to do it right now as you read this. We will be utilizing a text/email based cancellation program. This service will text you immediately if a game has been canceled ahead of time. Opt in
your mobile phone by texting:
• MW901 to 84483 to receive Monday/Wednesday Youth Baseball alerts
• TR901 to 84483 to receive Tuesday/Thursday Youth Baseball and Babe Ruth alerts.
I recommend you do both in case you have a practice or make-up game on another night. After 4pm the decisions on games are made by umpires or by coaches if they do not have umpires.
We also recommend that you download the free sportsengine app and log in. This will give you immediate alerts to any game changes for things like rescheduled games.
Our team sponsors are an important part of Fondy Youth Baseball so please patronize these business' and let them know you appreciate their support!
Special thanks to: Midwest Overhead Door for donating a new grill for our concessions stand, Silica For Your Home for the new freezer in our concessions area, and Holiday Automotive who will be donating proceeds from the Chevy Test Drive at Picture Day
No news currently found.