News for 2017 Season
1) Registration Dates- registration will be held at the FDL Recreation Department. Families will also be able to register on-line. Any player signing up after these dates will be charged a late fee.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017 (6-8pm)
Thursday, February 16, 2017(6-8pm)
Saturday, February 18, 2017(8-11am)
2) Opening Day and Picture Day will be on Saturday, May 6, 2017
3) League changes/leagues offered (leagues are determined by the grades that players are presently in now)
K-5 League- (only for players that are presently in 5 year old kindergarten now)- Tee ball on Tuedays/Thursdays
1st Grade League- Beginning Coach Pitch- This will now be a coach pitch league. Coaches may pitch from anywhere based on player ability and may pitch overhand or underhand. Each player will get 5 pitches and if they have not put the ball in play a tee will be brought out. A player cannot strike out. Pitching machine has been eliminated from all our leagues
2nd Grade League- Advanced Coach Pitch- Coaches must pitch from at least 40 ft from home plate and must pitch overhand. Players will be given a certain number of pitches and they must put in play. If they are unable to put the ball in play they can strike out.
3rd Grade League- First year of player pitch using a 46ft mound and 60ft bases- Game nights have not been finalized
4th Grade League- Second year of player pitch using 46ft mound and 60ft bases- Game nights have not been finalized
5th and 6th Grade COMBINED League- This upcoming season all 5th and 6th graders will compete in the same league and will use a 46ft mound and 60ft bases- Game nights have not been finalized
7th and 8th Grade COMBINED League- This upcoming season all 7th and 8th graders will compete in the same league and will compete at the full high school field dimensions at 60ft mound and 90ft bases- Game nights have not been finalized. Bat rules are being discussed but will likely be a -5 maximum drop for league
9th grade and older- All players must compete in Babe Ruth Program. Game nights have not been finalized.
Fondy Youth Baseball has made the conduct of coaches, parents, and fans as a top priority to provide a great experience for the players. The following types of conduct will not be acceptable and will result in an immediate warning and/or ejection. Coaches must be responsible for their parents and fans. Umpires and directors have been informed to make this a big priority and there will be a zero tolerance policy. If a parent or fan is warned or ejected it will likely also result in warming/ejection of the coach also. Any person ejected from a game will be automatically suspended for the next game also. Anyone ejected must leave the field within 3 minutes and if they do not will be subject to much longer suspension from coaching or attending future games.
1) No coach/parent/fan is allowed to argue balls and strikes. This is WIAA rule and will result in immediate warning and/or ejection
2) Swearing will not be tolerated. Any person swearing will result in automatic ejection.
3) Only the coach may have minimal discussion with umpires on “judgement” calls.